Sunday, February 20, 2011

Nook Color or Kindle??

I'm trying to decide between the Nook Color or The Kindle. I seem to favorite the Nook Color more but I really like that the Kindle seems to have better reviews as to the anti glare.

here's what Ive come up with :

Nook Color {taken from the B&N website}

Stunning 7-inch color touchscreen


Magazines & newspapers in rich color

Kids' books come alive { this is my favorite because I have 2 small girls}

Over 2 million titles at your fingertips

Get social, surf the web, play games, even listen to music

Kindle {taken from Amazon}

All-New, High-Contrast E Ink Screen – 50% better contrast with latest E Ink Pearl technology


Read in Bright Sunlight – No glare { FAVORITE}

New and Improved Fonts – New crisper, darker fonts

New Sleek Design – 21% smaller body while keeping the same 6" size reading area

15% Lighter – Only 8.7 ounces, weighs less than a paperback

Battery Life of One Month – A single charge lasts up to one month with wireless off

Double the Storage – Up to 3,500 books

Books in 60 Seconds – Download books anytime, anywhere

Free 3G Wireless – No monthly payments, no annual contracts

Built-In Wi-Fi – In addition to the 3G wireless, you can connect to Wi-Fi hotspots

20% Faster Page Turns – Seamless reading

Enhanced PDF Reader – With dictionary lookup, notes, and highlights

New WebKit-Based Browser – Free 3G web browsing (experimental)


I'm so torn as which I really want. I don't like making decisions. Take my camera for example. I ordered the Nikon D3100 but I'm not happy with it, I knew I should have stuck with Canon but ordered Nikon instead. now I've ordered my Canon and shipped the Nikon back!!

Any suggestions for either a Nook Color owner or a Kindle owner??

3 comments:

CrazySimpleLife said...

I have a nook and I love it!! I have a library card for an online library and that is where I get all my books for my nook. Nook also has Free Fridays where they offer a free book every Friday!

Amanda said...

I just got the Kindle and love it so far. For what I'm going to use it for I didn't need the color or the 3G wireless. In addition, the Kindle was $10 cheaper than the Nook at Best Buy. So far I've downloaded a bunch of classics that I've never read before since they're all free.

bamalynn said...

I have a nook color and I swear by it! I had a Micro Cruz previously that I had purchased from Best Buy, and took it back once I got a Nook Color. It uses the Android software, much like most of the "smartphones" on the market today, and is very user friendly. It can go online via a wifi connection, and that is very handy when taking kids to doctor appointments or the such. At $249 or thereabouts, the Nook color is a great investment and less than half the cost of an iPad! I don't know much about the Kindle, but from what I've heard, it is much more of just a "reader" than what I was looking for. I wanted more of an all purpose reader/tablet. (Hint--I "rooted" mine for free which allows me to access the Android market online as if it were a phone. Nothing illegal, and you can always change it back to its original configuration later.) Hope this helps a bit. :)