Friday, October 14, 2011

Switching plain water for flavored water #ClearAmerican Flavored Water







My kids are really good water drinkers but in order to switch it up a bit and give them some added flavor we headed out to Walmart in search of Clear American.

Peyton and I headed out to Walmart after dinner in search of Clear American and a few other things we needed.




Olivia's 2nd birthday is next week so I was hoping Walmart had some soda on sale but it was a no go.

We headed over to the snack isle first and Miss Peyton foudn herself a box of Betty Crocker fruit snacks for the ride.

Then this tired mommy headed directly to the beverage section. This is a new Walmart for us since se moved and I really am missing my old one. The layout is a bit different at the one by us currently.

We found exaclty what we were looking for!
kiwi strawberry
And at a GREAT price!!

Of course Miss Peyton saw coconut water and HAD to have one for her soccer game Saturday.
I'll give my kids credit they do like lots of things that are good for them.

I'm hoping they like the switch I'm about to do. { no more soda! and a bit of flavoring and bubbles to thir water }
 
Of course you can't enter Walmart without being enticed by all the yummy candy that's out for Halloween. Too bad we can't have it in our house due to Olivia's nut allergy :(


Clear American has TONS of flavors to choose from.
Wild Cherry, Apple Pear,Cranberry Grape, Grape, Kiwi Strawberry, Lemon, Key Lime, Tangerine Lime, Melon, Manderine Orange, Peach, Pineapple Coconut, Pom Blue Acai, Raspberry Apple, Raspberry Blackberry, Raspberry, Strawberry, and Black Cherry. That's 18 yummy flavors to choose from!

My Walmart only had Peach, Melon, Kiwi Strawberry, Raspberry Blackberry, Tangerine Lime, Wild Cherry, White Grape and Key Lime to choose from. I'm guessing these waters are selling like hot cakes! And for .68 I can see why. I wish my Walmart had a little more variety but I will keep checking back to see if any more flavors are in stock.


Ingrerdients:
Carbonated Water, Natural Flavor, Citric Acid, Potassium Citrate, Aspartame, Potassium Benzoate (A Preservative), Acesulfame Potassium. Phenylketonurics: Contains Phenylalanine Not A Significant Source of Calories from Fat, Saturated Fat, Trans Fat, Cholesterol, Dietary Fiber, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Calcium, and Iron.

NO calories, NO carbs, NO sugar, NO protein.
each bottle is 20oz!

I really have to be honest and say that I wasn't sure I was going to enjoy the water let alone my kids but as soon as we got home they all had to give it a try. Even the biggest kid, my hubs.





I love the bubbles!
The first one we tried was the Raspberry Blackberry and Hubs wasn't a fan but the kids really enjoyed it. Olivia insists it's soda and if she wants to belive that I'm all for it!
I personally wasn't a fan of the Raspberry blackberry either but the Peach is so yummy! I drank the entire bottle during dinner tonight. Well, I shared a bit with the girls and even Hubs liked the peach.


notice Olivia in the back drinking her Clear American Water as well!

I must say I am so glad that everyone enjoyed the Clear American Flavored Waters! I will be purchasing these from now on!
You can find Clear American on Facebook and Twitter to keep up to date with any new products or info.


"Disclosure: This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias, which is a vendor for CottAmerican® brand beverages."

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Thanks for the post. We're big fans of Clear American but I've found that I have to put my name on MY bottles or the kids will drink them! Better than them drinking pop but a little frustrating when you go to get one from the fridge and it's gone! :)

Brandie (@ Home Cooking Memories) said...

Very informative post! I hope your store gets more of the flavors for you to try. I've even heard of stores having them in 2 liter bottles, although mine doesn't have that. So far my favorites are the Manadarin Orange and the Fuji Apple Pear.