Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Celebrating National Recycling Week With #Annedroids #AmazonPrime

                                            





This week the kids and I decided to make some crafts by using some of our recycling items just as Anne does in Annedroids! We only found it fitting since it is National Recycling Week! 


I tend to save a bunch of junk from shipments that come in, things I "think" we might use or left over fabric scraps you name it I save it. 


They come in handy during rainy days, cold days, or super hot days. We decided to make Amelia a fabric wreath with our leftover scraps.





Just as Anne uses things found in her junkyard to create new inventions, help celebrate National Recycling Week by creating your own fun experiments and projects using recyclable treasures found around your home!  I knew I was saving those bundles of fabric for something! While the colors and patterns don't quite go with her nursery we put them to good use. 

While I was doing that the girls were busy painting " treasure boxes" I saved 



Anne and her friends' adventures provide many opportunities to showcase the key processes of STEM, which are often not addressed well in children's television programming. This includes processes involved with identifying problems and asking questions, making plans and creating prototypes, experimenting and testing, reflecting and revising. In particular, it is good to see that Anne and her friends learn as much from failure as success, and see the failures as opportunities to try new things.

They had such a blast painting any way they wanted while Mommy just watched. 





After we cleaned up I then talked with the girls about why Mommy had all of those awesome things hanging out in her craft area. We talked about why we recycle and how it helps the Earth. 

























I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.

No comments: