Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Review: D-Link HD Wi-Fi Baby Camera

Disclosure: Party of 5 received a sample in order to bring you this review. All opinions are my own.





Having a video baby monitor is really important to me. I am often running around the house and doing things outside while Amelia naps. Carrying around another thing besides my phone can be quite challenging when my hands are full with things I am picking up around the house or those massive baskets of laundry. Thankfully with the D-Link HD Wi-Fi Baby Camera I no longer need to carry around something else!









Now I just need to carry around my phone and I can see and hear Amelia!





Features Include

Day and Night Vision- see up to 16ft in total darkness
Sound Detection - Automatically send you notifications when your baby is crying
Motion Detection -  Alerts you when movement is detected
Temperature Alerts- Notifies you if the room becomes too hot or too cold
Two Way Audio - Lets you hear your baby and respond to soothe
Lullabies - 5 lullabies to play for your baby
microSD slot - auto record when motion or sound is detected ( not included )
4x digital zoom - view objects closer by pinching the screen to zoom in and out



What's Included

D-Link wireless baby camera
Wall mount kit
Desktop base
Accent rings ( pink and blue )
power adaptors
instruction manual

Setting up the D-Link Wi-Fi Baby Camera is super easy. Simply download the free  mydlink® Baby app available for iOS and android and start the set up. Total time from out of the box to checking on Amelia from my phone took about 10 minutes.




The features on the app are fairly simple and self explanatory. The crying baby lights up when your baby makes noise and the moving baby means that the camera detected movement. It also tells you how many times it's been detected.

                                       
My only complaint is my Wi-Fi stinks so sometimes I would have to keep reconnecting the app, other than that this monitor is top notch. As you can see the picture quality is really good and I had no issues being able to see Amelia.



I love that I can be on the go while my husband is home with the kids and I can still peek in on her from time to time. Makes leaving a little bit easier.

You can purchase the D-Link HD Wi-Fi baby camera for $179.99 at select retailers such as BuyBuyBaby, Walmart and Amazon.com

No comments: